By now, everyone who is going to has read the Anthony story and come to some basic understanding of my quest for Perfect Moments. However, you probably don’t know that I have quests for other perfect things. Some of these things have been found while others prove elusive.
Why am I telling you this today? While on the bus, nearing my stop, I noticed that the sunset, finally at a decent hour, looked incredible. Being several feet in the air, I had a great view of it. I got out my camera phone, hoping to snap a good picture of it once I got off the bus. You’ve seen the results above. I like the photo, but it didn’t really capture what I saw.
I’ve been trying to capture the Perfect sunset photo for many years now. I have taken some decent photos, but I haven’t captured the Perfect one. I also would like to capture the perfect sunrise photo but other than working days, I don’t often get up early enough to catch those.
It got me thinking. Do I have a lot of these Perfect Quests. Upon reflection, it seems that I do.
- The Perfect Book about English teaching in Japan. No experience really comes close to mine. I guess I am going to have to write my own book.
- The Perfect backpack. The Obusforme one that I had came pretty close. Sadly, the zipper went on it too quickly. I would have bought a nearly identical replacement but couldn’t find one.
- The Perfect umbrella. It would be small and strong and wouldn’t be attached to the frame by a couple of stitches. It would have sleeves securing it to the frame.
- The Perfect Halloween costume. It would be funny, irreverent, well fitting, and would make it easy to go to the bathroom.
- The Perfect Position on my bike handlebars. I am almost there….but it isn’t one hundreb percent comfortable over long distances.
- The Perfect Sandwich. Actually, I have found this one. It’s my chicken sandwich. Despite being late at night, I want one now.
- The Perfect Commuter playlist. It has to keep me entertained, but not get me so carried away that I start singing for my fellow passengers.
- The Perfect Beer. I am still doing research in this area. There are quite a few contenders, but I wouldn’t think it fair to declare a winner at this stage.
- The Perfect Razor. The blades would be inexpensive and the cut would be divine.
- The Perfect Bike Seat. It would be light and comfortable and not so painful on my sensitive areas.
- The Perfect Orange Flavour. It just doesn’t seem as strong as it was when I was a kid. Somehow they have weakened the taste of a most basic flavour.
- The Perfect Cup of Coffee. I had it in Vietnam and even thinking about it gives me a jolt of pleasure.
- The Perfect ESL lesson. It would be pedagogically sound, well structured and very effective. This is to contrast my most recent lesson, of course.
- The Perfect Yoghurt. There are lots of flavours on the market, but some of them are too outlandish to be taken seriously.
These are some of my Perfect Quests. What about you? Is there something you are looking for? I would love to hear about it.