My sister, perhaps jokingly, perhaps not, remarked that my blog about Perfect Moments has seemed to have veered from its initial premise. I am perhaps over articulating her words. “Your blog hasn’t been about Perfect Moments lately,” is what I think she said. While I have not worries about where this blog is becoming, I do want to stay true to the title of the blog when appropriate.
Yesterday would be a good place to search for Perfect Moment. As cliché as it may sound, yesterday was full of worthy moments.
- Despite the protestations of the cat, I had a little bit of a lie in.
- The early morning rain cleared up and the sun came out and warmed up the day.
- I took a drive northwest and although I don’t live in a huge city found myself in a rural area.
- We celebrated Easter a day early with turkey, salads, some delicious dinner rolls, and a very tasty beer.
- For dessert we had the choice of two pies (apple and lemon meringue) and an accompanying scoop of ice cream-I have to admit it, I had a slice of both.
- I still have some Cherry Pepsi around. It isn’t as good as Cherry Coke, but since that isn’t available in Ontario right now, I settled for it.
- I got a chocolate bunny and a chocolate egg. This hasn’t happened in about 20 years. I took a chunk off the ears first.
- The Toronto Maples Leafs were playing a playoff game and they won in overtime. Pretty fantastic from where I sit.
- I had a chance to relieve my Vietnam trip by showing my photos to the family. I can’t believe they sat through all 900 pictures. Though my Mom did say I should print them and put them in an album–A pretty radical old school idea.
- A peaceful late night drive home.
Rather than try to figure out which one is best (Probably the Leafs winning), I will just call all of Saturday a Perfect Moment–though twenty-four hours seems like an awfully big moment.
Happy Easter, for those that celebrate and Happy Sunday for those who don’t.