I heard some people grumble and be angry because we had to work on Monday, but then we had Tuesday off. You won’t catch me grumbling. In fact, I have decided that Today’s Perfect Moment was the entire day.
Unlike typical holidays, I went into this one with a much different attitude. I decided that this day wasn’t going to be about pressure. I set no specific tasks for myself other than enjoy a day of not working. I told myself that I didn’t have to feel guilty about anything I did, or anything I didn’t do. Today was a day off.
That is not to say I didn’t accomplish anything. I did.
- I enjoyed a good breakfast. The coffee was delicious and complemented the next thing on the list.
- I watched some great early videos from Kyde and Eric on YouTube. Their videos of their trip around the world are awesome. Today, I watched them in the UAE.
- I finally organized my front hallway.
- I finally renamed one of my blogs. I had chosen the name “the Octagonal Peg” hoping to invoke the idea of a square peg in a round hole–I think I over thought that one.
- I wrote several blog posts for today and the future.
- I watched an old CSI episode.
- I fixed a few things. A fry pan handle had been loose, and my coffee carafe had been way off centre.
- I played with the cat.
- I took out some wall screws that no longer served any purpose other than to taunt me.
- I watched Tokyo Eye on JIB TV. Tokyo is a fascinating city and this program is so unique.
- I talked to my Mom. Never a bad thing to do.
- I watched History Detectives on PBS. This is such a fantastic show. This is what the history channel promised us, but instead gives us a bunch of shows about people dealing in junk.
- I rested.
- I read.
- I commented on some blogs.
- I felt good.
That’s how I spent my perfect day.